Recovery from my bionic upgrade (aka knee replacement) is taking longer than expected, so I'm still offline. Hoping to be back soon, so please send good vibes and happy thoughts my way! more details

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Final Day of BEA


I am one tired, but happy blogger! Today was not as jam-packed with autographings, so I had more time to visit publisher's booths. As a result, I brought more books home today than yesterday. :)

Learned my lesson yesterday, and left earlier this morning. Didn't hit as much traffic, so I got to the Javits Center a little after nine. Had a lull in my schedule around lunchtime, so made sure I grabbed something. Last thing my DH said this morning was to make sure I remembered to eat today. Yes, dear. There was a hot dog cart right outside the entrance, and at only $2 vs. $5.25 inside, no contest! And either I was hungry or it was really good, as I practically inhaled it! *L*

The book gods were good to me again today, as I just happened to walk by certain booths just as authors were signing. What was great was that two of the authors were ones I had previously missed at table signings. Score!

One of the books I really wanted was Room, mentioned during the Editor's Buzz panel. They were out of it every time I stopped by, so one of the reps took my card and promised to send me a copy. Really hope he follows through, as I'm dying to read this one!

Even with sitting down to rest several times and taking time out to eat, I was ready to pack it in by four. Didn't really have anyone else I wanted to see, so repacked my suitcase to fit all of my new babies books and called it a day. Good thing I left when I did, as the skies opened up soon after I got home. Supposed to have bad thunderstorms off and on all night. Icing my poor abused knee and too exhausted to see straight, so will try to write a more detailed recap tomorrow.

Am so glad I was able to make it to BEA this year! It sounded like fun when I read about it last year, but it exceeded all of my expectations. Better than being a kid in a candy store, as you can't get sick from having too many books! :D


7 comments:

  1. I am so, so jealous, Alexia! And I love that last line!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you that you had a wonderful time! Thank you for sharing your adventures with us! I hope I will get to go someday and meet you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous of all your new babies LOL. Glad you had an awesome time & exceeded your expectations which I know were high :) I'm saving my pennies now to try for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a wonderful time! Hopefully will get to experience it first hand next year....happy reading! (Have a good weekend!) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay! sounds like you're having a great time! I can't wait to hear what books you got!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like such a fun event!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am way behind in my Reader, but just wanted to pop over and say hi! It looks like you had a blast at BEA this year and now I am a bit jealous . . . actually a lot! Room sounds really good too! I need to add that one to my Wish List!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, as I really appreciated it! Leave me a link and I'll swing by to say hello!

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2014 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u