I am going to be offline for awhile due to a bionic upgrade (aka knee replacement), but should be back shortly. Please send good vibes and happy thoughts my way! more details

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Word Verification Balderdash (3)



Word Verification Balderdash is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books.

Here's how to play: Write down all the word verifications you come across while posting blog comments. You then play Balderdash with them. The definition of Balderdash: An oft used strategy to elect your own fake definition in an attempt to give it credibility in the minds of your fellow players.…in other words, you make up your own definition for the word.

Here are some of the words I ran across this week:

Despoty: Urban slang for an area marked with or having spots, specific to the greater NYC metro area.

Unhor: The removal of a hor infestation, usually by a trained professional.

Ousteora: Festival or gathering to celebrate the ejection of an official from a position or place of power. There are often balloon animals and corn dogs.

Undestow: The act of returning a destowed item in a neat, compact way.

Midette: The second born child in a set of triplets.

Prongler: One who prongs.

What fun words did you come across this week? Stop by Sheila's and check out other great definitions!

10 comments:

  1. Oh these are really good! Ousteora is a true celebration and I can see the festivities now.... love the addition of balloon animals because seriously, what event is complete without them?

    Midette should be an actual word. :)How else would you describe how you fall in the family line?

    You rock! These are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha, these are great words! Love Despoty, ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol at your words. I really like midette. I think that would be a new word everyone could use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate when those darn hors swarm.

    I think we have Ousteora's here in Canada, too, but we serve poutine, lol.

    Great words, Alexia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can think of a few time holding an Ousteora would have been a good idea. Great words this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!! Great words! I love Midette. That is perfect!

    If you would like to stop by I just got my words up here this evening.

    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very funny!!! I liked them all, but my favorite was Ousteora!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great words this week! My fav is midette :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great words.I love midette.Hope you have a great weekend with not a lot of undestowing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, the last 2 made me chuckle. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, as I really appreciated it! Leave me a link and I'll swing by to say hello!

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2014 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u