Thursday, August 20, 2009

Word Verification Balderdash (2)


Word Verification Balderdash is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World Of Books.

Here's how to play: Write down all the word verifications you come across while posting blog comments. You then play Balderdash with them. The definition of Balderdash: An oft used strategy to elect your own fake definition in an attempt to give it credibility in the minds of your fellow players.…in other words, you make up your own definition for the word.

Here are some of the words I ran across this week:


Anned: the resulting state after Ann is done with you

Lobsty: new name for the lobster formerly known as dinner

Barma: bar karma

Mentile: masculine form of tile

Nersms: a distinctive doctrine, cause, or theory relating to nurses

Turnmon: Jamaican GPS instruction for an upcoming turn

Gembi: Gumby's younger sister


Also had a few words that I really liked, but couldn't come up with definitions for: Exharfi, Exoti, Greccul, Bridem, and Alitiora. Any suggestions?

9 comments:

  1. Haha great definition for turnmon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked turnmon also. LOL! Great.

    Bridem sounds like it would be something with the state of aahh people get when the first see the bride in her gown and can't comment for the beauty.

    I have also started with the Balderdash words if you would like to stop by and check them out.
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2009/08/word-verification-balderdash.html

    All comments are welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok... Barma and Turnmon have me rolling over here and wiping my eyes! That is good stuff! :)

    Gembi is super cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these post there so funny! You have some great words here..LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ones! I also loved turnmon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's an award for you at my Blog, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ROFL! Turnmon got me laughing so hard! Thanks for the laughs!

    btw, I heard you've won Dakota Banks's Dark Time over at Undercover Book Lover. Congrats! It looks like a really good book! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Turnmon is definitely a winner.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, as I really appreciated it! Leave me a link and I'll swing by to say hello!

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2014 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u