I am going to be offline for awhile due to a bionic upgrade (aka knee replacement), but should be back shortly. Please send good vibes and happy thoughts my way! more details

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Books, books, surrounded by books…

Saw this interesting meme over at Marjorie M. Liu's blog. A friend had emailed her late one night, asking her to take part in a meme where you list the 10 books that are within arms reach - or scattered closest to you. Now, for most readers and writers, we take it for granted that there will actually be 10 books (or some equivalently large number) in any given location that we find ourselves in. To be honest, a home doesn't feel complete without stacks and piles of books around every corner.

Here are the 10 books closest to me at the moment:

1. Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost
2. The Acceptance by L.L. Foster
3. Goblin Hero by Jim C. Hines
4. Goblin War by Jim C. Hines
5. Undone by Rachel Caine
6. Better Off Undead anthology
7. Under the Radar by Fern Michaels
8. The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
9. Red by Jordan Summers
10. Heart of Stone by C.E. Murphy

Most of these have already been read, but haven't been entered into my spreadsheet yet. I'm a little behind with my categorizing...as there's also an entire TV tray full of books across the room that I haven't sorted yet.

What books or magazines are near you at the moment?

2 comments:

  1. oh oh oh oh!!!!! great meme..um..I'd have to get back to you on that one I'm at work not at home :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of any of those books! Now I have to go look them up. This could be dangerous :)

    I wouldn't be able to play the game.. I was a good girl and put all the books away. I only have one book by me currently!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, as I really appreciated it! Leave me a link and I'll swing by to say hello!

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2014 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u