Saw this interesting meme over at Marjorie M. Liu's blog. A friend had emailed her late one night, asking her to take part in a meme where you list the 10 books that are within arms reach - or scattered closest to you. Now, for most readers and writers, we take it for granted that there will actually be 10 books (or some equivalently large number) in any given location that we find ourselves in. To be honest, a home doesn't feel complete without stacks and piles of books around every corner.
Here are the 10 books closest to me at the moment:
1. Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost
2. The Acceptance by L.L. Foster
3. Goblin Hero by Jim C. Hines
4. Goblin War by Jim C. Hines
5. Undone by Rachel Caine
6. Better Off Undead anthology
7. Under the Radar by Fern Michaels
8. The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
9. Red by Jordan Summers
10. Heart of Stone by C.E. Murphy
Most of these have already been read, but haven't been entered into my spreadsheet yet. I'm a little behind with my categorizing...as there's also an entire TV tray full of books across the room that I haven't sorted yet.
What books or magazines are near you at the moment?
Seraphina: The Audition by Rachel Hartman
4 hours ago