Hard to believe that another Bloggiesta has come and gone already! Was able to get so much accomplished, and even learned a thing or two! Love Bloggiesta and already looking forward to the next one!
Let's see how I did:
Not bad, if I do say so myself! I didn't complete everything on my list, but got an awful lot accomplished. Also found several more blogs to follow and made a few new friends along the way. I'm counting this one as a success!
- Update book review index - done!
- Crosspost book reviews to Amazon & Goodreads - done!
- Catch up on emails - feel a little like Sisyphus with this one, as it kept growing no matter how many lists I unsubscribed from or how many emails I deleted! I need an Emailiesta!
- Complete at least one mini-challenge - done!
- Take part in at least one Twitter chat - done!
- Create custom cover for my Pinterest review boards - a work in progress
- Import Bloglovin' feed to Feedly - done! Was easier than expected
- Finish removing dead links from old IMM posts - done!
- Cheer on other Bloggiesta participants - commented on almost all participant's blogs, but some people didn't have their post up when I visited and I didn't keep track. Sorry if I missed anyone!
- Pin at least 3 months worth of old reviews to Pinterest - done!
- Have a minimum of 5 posts ready as back-ups - done!
- Explore idea I have for a new meme to see if it's feasible - someone is already doing it, so back to the drawing board!
- Write pending reviews - still have 2 pending
- Research Tweetdeck vs Hootsuite and pick one - decided to take them both for a test drive! Leaning towards Hootsuite as I like being able to schedule posts in one place, but also like the real time tweets of Tweetdeck.
- Add an About Me page to my second blog - pending
- Back up both blogs - done!
- Go through old drafts and either delete or update - found some half-written posts that I need to finish and publish, but also deleted a ton!
- Research CommentLuv to see if I can easily add it to my blog - didn't get around to this one, so adding to my Goals Page
- Find a Facebook Page Follow Me plug-in I like and add to blog - done!
- Find social media icons I like and add to sidebar - done!
- Check page loading speed and fix as needed - sometimes it loads fast, sometimes it loads slow, but can't figure out why...
- Create Pinterest board for Bloggiesta challenges - done!
- Add alt tags to photos in old posts - this is slow going as I have over 3 years worth of posts to update!
- Update copyright to current year on both blogs - done!
Mini Challenges Completed
- Twitter Chat Tutorial - Chats go by so fast that I always seem to fall behind, so can use all the help I can get!
- Trello Organizer - I'm pretty happy with the blog planner I'm currently using, but think this might help with scheduling all of my tasks. Combining this with the blog scheduler task in hopes of making my life easier!
- Create a Blogging Schedule - Have started a rough blogging schedule using Trello and looking forward to creating to-do lists and daily tasks!
- Organize Your Reader - I think I have too many folders, so going to try Estella's idea of daily folders (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, etc) to simplify things. Will keep my Authors, Favorites, and non-book blog folders but use the days of the week for everything else.
- Simplify Blogging - I keep over-complicating things so really need to work on this one!
- Blast From the Past - Love looking at the old Bloggiesta challenges, as there's always something I can use. For Tif's challenge, I concentrated on the various ways to promote my blog via social media.
Did you take part in Bloggiesta this past week? If so, how did you do? I had a blast visiting different blogs and seeing what everyone was up to! And I made all but one of the Twitter chats, which were fast-paced but fun! I really need to spend more time on Twitter, as I enjoyed myself.
Already looking forward to the next Bloggiesta! Hope you can join us!